Carriage InnSan Francisco, California
The Carriage Inn offers a witty, warm, accommodating, mature, offbeat escape that salutes San Francisco’s notables, both naughty and nice.
Featuring 48-rooms, Carriage Inn is a literary themed hotel offering an urban retreat close to San Francisco’s must-see attractions including Union Square, Moscone Convention Center, Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre, world famous San Francisco Cable Cars, AT&T Park, the Embarcadero, Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf. Each room is adorned with eclectic furnishings fusing together various styles that complement each other: A touch of Victorian, a touch of modern, a nod to Asian influence. Each room highlights a local San Francisco personality or star, and each profile provides an interesting glimpse into San Francisco’s notorious and diverse counterculture.
Top Reasons to Stay at Carriage Inn
- True San Francisco Boutique Hotel featuring flat screen TVs, complimentary high speed internet access, iPod docking stations, plush bathrobes and many other luxurious touches
- Stay with a San Francisco notable, from Mark Twain to Oscar Wilde among many others, each room is named after a San Francisco eccentric and features a unique caricature and synopsis of the character
- Complimentary Bike Rentals through our partnership with Blazing Saddles right next to the hotel. Tour the City like a true San Franciscan!
The Carriage Inn is a San Francisco hotel located in the SOMA (South of Market) District. Historically an industrial part of town, SOMA is now dotted with museums, independent bookstores, hip clubs and trendy restaurants.
- Neighboring Companies and Facilities: San Francisco Federal Building, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, City Hall, Moscone Convention Center, Gift Center, Flower Mart, Furniture Mart and Mission Bay
- Attractions: World Famous San Francisco Cable Cars, Union Square, Embarcadero, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Alcatraz and AT&T Park
- Entertainment: San Francisco Symphony, Opera, Ballet, Asian Art Museum, MOMA, Cartoon Art Museum, Orpheum Theatre, Golden Gate Theatre, Metreon, Yerba Buena Gardens and various restaurants and bars
- Shopping: Union Square and Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre.
- Education: Hastings School of Law, School of Ballet, San Francisco Public Library, Conservatory of Music, International High School of San Francisco, CIIS, FIDM, CAA, Academy of Art University, and UCSF
- Public Transportation: BART, Muni, Cal-Train. Walking distance from the Financial District, Chinatown, Hayes Valley and many popular San Francisco restaurants and clubs
SFO Airport Shuttle
Reserve with our partner GO Lorrie's Airport Shuttle for quick, convenient service from SFO by clicking here
Get driving directions to the Carriage Inn by clicking here