Carriage InnSan Francisco, California
Please note: As of October 2011, we no longer have an outdoor hot tub. We apologize for any inconvenience and will be happy to offer alternatives on request.
The recently renovated Carriage Inn offers a witty, warm, accommodating, mature, offbeat escape that salutes San Francisco’s notables, both naughty and nice.
The Carriage Inn is a 48-room literary themed hotel offering an urban retreat close to San Francisco’s must-see attractions including Union Square, Moscone Convention Center, Westfield Shopping Centre, Cable Cars, AT&T Park, China Basin, Mission Bay, Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf. Each room is adorned with eclectic furnishings fusing together various styles that complement each other: A touch of Victorian, a touch of modern, a nod to Asian influence. Each room highlights a local San Francisco personality or star, and each profile provides an interesting glimpse into San Francisco’s notorious and diverse counterculture.
Top Reasons to Stay at Carriage Inn
- 48 newly renovated guestrooms
- Featuring flat screen TVs, complimentary high speed internet access, iPod docking stations, plush bathrobes and many other luxurious touches
- Each room is named after a San Francisco legend
- From Mark Twain to Oscar Wilde among many others and features a unique caricature and synopsis of the character
- Sweet Dreams
- Listed in Sunset Travel Guide 2010 as one of "Our Favorite San Francisco Hotels"
The Carriage Inn is a San Francisco hotel located South of Market street in the SOMA district. Historically an industrial part of town, SOMA is now dotted with museums, independent bookstores, hip clubs and trendy restaurants.
- Neighboring Companies and Facilities: San Francisco Federal Building, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, City Hall, Moscone Convention Center, Gift Center, Flower Mart, Furniture Mart, China Basin and Mission Bay
- Attractions: Cable Car, Union Square, and AT&T Ballpark, California Historical Society, Asian Art Museum, Contemporary Jewish Museum of San Francisco, and the Cartoon Art Museum
- Entertainment: San Francisco Symphony, Opera, Ballet, Asian Art Museum, MOMA, Cartoon Art Museum, Orpheum Theatre, Golden Gate Theatre, Metreon, Yerba Buena Gardens and various restaurants and bars
- Shopping: Union Square, Westfield Shopping Centre, and the San Francisco Shopping Centre
- Education: Hastings School of Law, School of Ballet, San Francisco Public Library, Conservatory of Music, International High School of San Francisco, CIIS, FIDM, CAA, Academy of Art University, and UCSF
- Public Transportation: BART, Muni, Cal-Train. Walking distance from the Financial District, Chinatown, Hayes Valley and many popular San Francisco restaurants and clubs
SFO Airport Shuttle
Reserve with our partner GO Lorrie's Airport Shuttle for quick, convenient service from SFO by clicking here
Get driving directions to the Carriage Inn by clicking here